Personal Safety Netiquette is the culture of protecting yourself. So, avoiding harm. Then, family too.
Thus, freedom from the dangers we identify. Social ways to identify good people. Accordingly, transparency is paramount.
For example, bad words indicate lead to down on bad things, crime. As a result, stay away from curse word. Protects from people who may break the law.
Consequently, ‘darn it’ is a curse. Worst phrase in my vocabulary. ‘It’ ain’t did nothing to me.
Personal Safety Netiquette Rules
- Account Settings. Use account settings for limited access to personal information.
- Don’t Click The Unknown. Don’t follow links to unknown sites from websites the first time you visit them.
- Cautious Acceptance. Accept friends with caution because you are judged by the people you know.
- No Assumptions. Don’t assume anything. Many people post misleading information on purpose.
- Don’t Trust. Do not trust anyone because you cannot see them in reality.
- Clean Cache. Clean your cache regularly to remove cookies.
- No Over Payments. Don’t accept over payments because it is a common scam.
- Do Not Pay To Work. Don’t pay to work from home because you will just be wasting your money.
- No Pills. Many companies advertise weight loss pills that do not work.
Personal Safety Network Etiquette
Personal safety netiquette rules are a code for protecting people from harm. There are other dangers and risky behavior on the internet besides crime. There are traditional criminals and cyber criminals.
Cyber criminals break the law on the internet. Conventions for staying within the boundaries of the law to prevent harm are central activities of these guidelines.
Identity theft arises from data breach. Often, we learn of it from share and tell. Media reports. Businesses alert customers.
Personal safety is how we prevent ourselves from being harmed. The spirit of traditional laws is taken into account before posting conventions. Legislation requires more considerations than personal tips for avoiding criminals.
For example, recreational drug use is acceptable in the Information Age. Drug users curse and swear more than others. Avoiding bad words may help avoid them or those whose use is a problem.
Phishing, identity theft, and fraud can be found online. Child predators have been known to find victims on the internet. There are customs many people follow to prevent these crimes.
Personal Safety Netiquette
It is hard to tell a legitimate offer from a fake offer. All come in the same language, HTML. Antivirus software to protects us to a small extent. It is a convention and has its own conventions.
Meeting someone from online engagement is acceptance of an HTML offer. Crowded places provide some social protection. It makes leaving easier. Security to some degree is provided by the people around you.
The social code of mitigating risk of harm from online interaction. The rules are the guidelines we follow to avoid getting hurt on the internet. Personal Safety Netiquette Rules are the specific tips we follow personally.